- Post Ref: DP2712
- Department: Children, Young People & Learning
- Division: 5-19 Services
- Section: Business Support
- Salary details: £18,870 -£20,541 pro rata
- Employment Status: Part Time
- Hours: 21.5 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 21 October 2018
- Interview date: 30 October 2018
Business Support and Information Officer – Number 18: IAG and Post Education Team
Working pattern: Wednesday & Thursday from 10am to 6pm/Fridays from 10am to 5pm
Number 18 (previously Quay Advice Centre), located in Poole Town Centre, provides confidential information and advice for Young People aged 12 to 19 (or up to 25 if they have a special educational need). Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) can also be offered to young people aged 16 -19 who are not in education, employment or training.
An opportunity has arisen for a Business Support and Information Officer who will be responsible for welcoming all visitors, particularly parents and young people, providing a friendly, helpful “front of house” service for all customers and a high quality administration service to the IAG and Post Education team and Children Young People and Learning services.
The successful candidate must have extensive experience in administration, working in a front of house establishment, whilst providing information and advice to customers, signposting them as appropriate.
You will have excellent communication and resourceful skills, previous experience of taking minutes and using various IT software packages and bespoke databases. You will have experience of updating websites, creating leaflets and using financial systems to process invoices and payments.
Some of the duties will include:
- Dealing with various enquiries, some of which are from vulnerable families
- Data inputting registration and NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) tracking.
- Organising and take minutes during internal meetings and complex multi agency meetings.
- Typing documents and updating staff members’ rota
- Processing invoices and handling purchases for the team
- Liaising with contractors ensuring repairs and maintenance services are completed within timescales.
You will be educated to a minimum of 2 A Levels or equivalent or have equivalent experience.
You must be able to work effectively as part of a team, prioritising your workload with minimum supervision with the ability to work accurately under pressure. Excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible approach are also essential to the role.
For more details about this post please contact Flavia Ponciano on 01202 261983 or Nina Wilson on 01202 26 2291.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Person Specification for more details.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.