- Post Ref: DP/18/16231
- Department: Children, Young People & Learning
- Division: 5-19 Services
- Section: Secondary School Age Team
- Salary details: £23,866 - £26,470 (pro rata if part time)
- Employment Status: Full time / Part time
- Hours: Up to 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 02 September 2018
- Interview date: 10 or 11 September 2018
Borough of Poole is expanding its 0-19 Early Help Services. If you understand what it takes to help young people and families to turn their lives around and have the passion, skills and experience to make a real difference then we are interested to hear from you.
We have vacancies in a range of teams for the following roles;
- Family Outreach Workers - across 0-19 Services (salary: £23,866 - £26,470)
- Adolescent Support Workers – across 5-19 Services (salary: £23,866 - £26,470)
- Early Help Advice Point Triage and Advice Worker – across 0-19 services (salary: £23,866 - £26,470)
- School Attendance Worker (0.5FTE) – across 5-19 Services (salary: £23,866 - £26,470 pro rata)
Please see the information available on our website using the links above for further information about the roles, as well as the attached job descriptions and person specifications.
We want creative, solution-focused, resilient individuals who genuinely have the commitment, skills and aptitude to develop and implement new ways of working to support children, young people and their families. You must be able to build strong working relationships with partner agencies to ensure excellent joint working.
In return we can offer:
- Supportive and structured line management with reflective supervision
- Support to develop an understanding of the local context and existing ways of working.
- A team of like-minded individuals focused on making a real difference.
- Structured training and continuous professional development
- Flexible working arrangements.
As part of your application form you will be asked to indicate which role(s) you are interested in being considered for and then complete a supporting statement for each. Please refer to the person specifications for the relevant roles when completing your application.
The posts are all overseen by the Borough’s Children, Young People and Learning Unit in Poole Town Centre but exact working locations will vary depending on specific roles. For more information or an informal discussion please contact the following staff dependent upon the role you are interested in:
0-19 Family Outreach Workers – Karen Dennett: 01202 262266
Adolescent Support Workers – Janene Gray: 01202 261992
Early Help Advice Point Triage and Advice Workers – Rachel Gauntlett: 01202 261965
School Attendance Worker – Julia Walton: 01202 261920