- Post Ref: DP7348
- Department: Children, Young People & Learning
- Division: School Monitoring & Intervention
- Section: Vulnerable Children & Families
- Salary details: £30,756 - £33,136
- Employment Status: Part Time
- Hours: 14.8 hours per week
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Closing date: 21 October 2018
- Interview date: 29 October 2018
An opportunity has arisen for an Early Years Practitioner to work in the Bournemouth and Poole Virtual School as a caseworker for Early Years Looked after Children (LAC).
The post is temporary until 31 August 2019 in the first instance. The Bournemouth and Poole Virtual School will be restructured during 2019 with the BC&P Virtual School being launched in Sept. 2019.
The post holder will have the lead responsibility within the Virtual School for the Early Years Looked After Children cohort. The role will involve work with a variety of professionals including schools, early years settings and social care to meet statutory requirements and improve the educational outcomes of children aged 0-5 looked after by Bournemouth and Poole.
The main areas of work will include:
- Tracking and monitoring the EY LAC cohort through administration and coordination of the EY Personal Education Plans (PEPs).
- Building relationships with providers and offering support to develop best practice in their work with LAC
We are looking to appoint an experienced Early Years Practitioner who is familiar with early years provision across Bournemouth and Poole, and has a professional understanding of the needs of looked after children.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Person Specification for more details.