- Post Ref: DP2733
- Department: Children, Young People & Learning
- Division: 0-5 Services
- Section: Family Information and Workforce Team
- Salary details: £18,870 - £20,541 pro rata
- Employment Status: Full time / Part time
- Hours: Various
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 21 October 2018
- Interview date: 02 and 09 November 2018
Do you have excellent communication skills and want to work with families in Poole?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Family Information Adviser.
We are currently recruiting for two Family Information Advisers, one part-time 16 hours per week, and one full-time 37 hours per week. Please note that there is not a pre-determined working pattern for the 16 hour post, and we are happy to be flexible regarding a working pattern to suit the successful applicant.
You will be someone who wants to make a difference by providing essential information and a high quality service to families in Poole.
You need excellent organisational and communication skills and a creative flair, together with professional customer service skills to ensure the Children & Young People’s Welcome Area offers an efficient, warm and welcoming service.
The post holder will provide information and assistance to the public through a variety of channels:
- Face to Face via the Welcome Area, in the Dolphin Centre
- Outreach in the Community, working together with a range of services
- Via email
- 1-1 Assistance to families who are experiencing barriers to taking up Childcare or using the online Family Information Directory / Local Offer
As part of your role you will also be required to record enquiry and service information on a database and produce periodic reports with evidence of outcomes to the Family Information and Workforce Manager.
If this is you and you would like to join a friendly, driven team, we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion please contact Louise Chiles on 01202 261913.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.