- Post Ref: DP3030
- Department: Children, Young People & Learning
- Division: Service Unit Support
- Section: Business Support
- Salary details: £23,866 - £26,470
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 15 November 2018
- Interview date: 30 November 2018
We’re pleased to offer an opportunity to join our Team and make a difference to the lives of children, their families and young people as our Information Governance and Complaints Officer on a permanent basis reporting to Children, Young People and Learning’s (CYP&L) –Business Manager.
We have over 300 staff within CYP&L who deliver excellent services across Poole through 6 main teams. A summary of these activities can be found on this webpage.
This role has a core focus on ensuring CYP&L is able to demonstrate compliance with Data Protection, Complaints and Health and Safety. The role will act as a subject matter expert to support colleagues in each of these areas, develop good practice, records management and systems as well as communicate to a wide range of customers internally and externally.
To fulfil this role you will need to know or have:-
- A broad understanding of the Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations and Data Protection Act, ensuring that information is managed effectively to support the delivery of excellent services
- Certificate in CIEH Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace as a minimum / equivalent qualification or willingness to train
- Health & Safety knowledge of Regulations
- To have excellent written and communication skills, with the ability to explain information governance concepts to colleagues and manage contentious complaints.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative and work through changes and challenges effectively and efficiently
Here are some of the benefits we can offer you:-
- Joining us is your chance to make a big contribution to the lives of some of Poole’s most vulnerable people.
- You will be given the support to succeed in this role and the opportunity for training and development.
- We will pay for your H&S training if you do not hold the minimum qualification
- Flexi scheme
- Workplace childcare scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Up to 30.5 days annual leave
- Local Government Pension
- Paid DBS application
The role is primarily based at the Dolphin Centre but will also be required to visit satellite centres in Poole.
For an informal discussion, please contact Amanda Sheard, Business Manager on 633544 or e mail email@example.com.