- Post Ref: DP4109
- Department: Children, Young People & Learning
- Division: 5-19 Services
- Section: Secondary School Age Team
- Salary details: £23,866 - £26,470
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Hours: 37
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Closing date: 18 November 2018
- Interview date: 29 November 2018
The Borough of Poole is seeking a temporary Adolescent Support Worker to cover maternity leave for up to 1 year. If you understand what it takes to help young people and families to turn their lives around and have the passion, skills and experience to make a real difference then we are interested to hear from you.
Please see the information available on our website for further information about the role.
We want creative, solution-focused, resilient individuals who genuinely have the commitment, skills and aptitude to develop and implement new ways of working to support children, young people and their families. You must be able to build strong working relationships with partner agencies to ensure excellent joint working.
In return we can offer:
- Supportive and structured line management with reflective supervision
- Support to develop an understanding of the local context and existing ways of working
- A team of like-minded individuals focused on making a real difference
- Structured training and continuous professional development
- Flexible working arrangements
The posts are all overseen by the Borough’s Children, Young People and Learning Unit in Poole Town Centre but exact working locations will vary depending on the successful applicants’ caseload. For more information or an informal discussion please contact;
Janene Gray, Adolescent Support Worker – Senior Practitioner on 01202 261992
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check.