- Post Ref: DP2751
- Department: Children, Young People & Learning
- Division: Special Education Needs & Disability
- Section: Education Psychology
- Salary details: Soulbury EP 3-8 (+ up to 3 SPA)
- Employment Status: Full Time, term time only
- Hours: Full Time (37 hours) and Part Time (0.8FTE)
- Contract Type: Permanent
Educational Psychologists - Children, Young People and Learning
1 Full Time permanent post
1 Part Time permanent post (negotiable up to 0.8 FTE)
Post start dates 1st September 2018, however, later and earlier start dates will be considered
Please indicate which role you are applying for on your application form.
We are seeking to appoint Educational Psychologists to join our dynamic, solution-orientated service from January 2018. Our service promotes positive outcomes for children and young people, families and settings using evidence-based psychology.
We operate a cluster based service delivery model and undertake a variety of work including; school liaison visits, consultations, individual casework, training, ELSA supervision, systemic and capacity building work with settings and other agencies and the facilitation of local area SENCO Forums.
In all our work we work closely with our multiagency colleagues and colleagues from a range of services who are co-located with us at the Dolphin Centre. We have good links to Southampton University and benefit from working with trainee educational psychologists and are developing our links with other local universities. It is a very exciting time for our service as we develop a traded model to increase our offer to schools
EPs in Poole are highly regarded by the settings, partner agencies, families and young people with whom we work and we will invest in your professional development and career progression. As a member of our team you can gain Structured Professional Assessments (SPA) points, and we'll honour any points acquired with your previous employer.
We welcome applications from professionally qualified, HCPC registered educational psychologists and psychologists in their final year of training on an accredited course, eligible for HCPC registration on completion.
As an EP in Poole you would have the opportunity to:
- gain accrued hours to add to your leave entitlement (e.g. full time equivalent of 18 days leave on top of annual leave entitlement)
- develop specialisms and take a proactive lead in areas of interest
- contribute to LA strategic developments and research
- Work flexibly by using the technology provided to support flexible and home working, including IPads, and secure logins, and/or by using individual, dedicated workspaces at the Dolphin Centre
- benefit from regular, effective supervision and access to ongoing CPD
- benefit from excellent support from our dedicated administrative team
- access the exclusive BoP Benefits Scheme which provides access to a great range of lifestyle savings available online or on the high street, nationwide and in the local area
- benefit from free parking or if cycling the use of facilities including showers
- enjoy working in the middle of Poole town centre, alongside local amenities and near to the beautiful Poole Quay
- enjoy the beautiful countryside surrounding Poole which offers a wide range of social and recreational opportunities.
For an informal discussion please contact:
Dr Jo Bispham, Senior Educational Psychologist 01202 262277
Teresa Jones, Senior Manager SEND 01202 262259
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Person Specification for more details.