- Post Ref: TEACH/16373
- Department: Academy Schools
- Division: Teach Poole
- Section: Teach Trust
- Salary details: Leadership Pay Scale between L5 – L10 depending on experience
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 31 October 2018
- Interview date: 9th November 2018
TEACH Multi Academy Trust Poole - Ad Astra Infant School (Good – January 2018), Haymoor Junior School (Good – April 2018) ,Canford Heath Infant School (Outstanding – 2008), Canford Heath Junior School (Good – Dec 2017)
Key Stage 1 & 2
Permanent for January 2019 or as soon as possible
We are seeking two very high calibre, outstanding professionals to join our Senior Leadership team at TEACH in Poole, Dorset. The TEACH Multi Academy Trust was created in April 2015 and has 4 primary schools, who work together to benefit the children, their families and the local community. Despite a very mixed catchment, we have high expectations for excellent behaviour to help children to feel safe and learn well. We are proud of our Rights Respecting schools and have a ‘Children First’ philosophy in everything we do, to promote an educational experience, which is truly primary focussed.
In addition, the Trust is a strategic partner of SIGMA Teaching School. This enables us to further establish our strong ITT programme, as the Trust is the `legal entity` for the highly successful Poole SCITT, rated `Outstanding`. The Trust is extremely proud of its reputation locally.
At the TEACH Trust, we pride ourselves on being forward thinking and have taken decisive action since April 2015 to make our Trust a success. The successful candidates will be employed by the Trust as a whole, and the vacancy could be based across any of the schools within the Trust.
We are looking to recruit two Deputy Headteachers to work across our Infant and Junior schools, who will be responsible for ensuring quality first teaching in all our classrooms. The successful applicants will be committed to working as part of the schools’ and Trust’s dynamic Senior Leadership Teams with specific leadership responsibilities for ensuring quality first teaching and learning for all our children through ongoing coaching to develop all staff to become outstanding practitioners.
The successful applicants will be:
- a truly outstanding teacher
- able to demonstrate a proven track record of developing quality teaching and learning
- experienced and knowledgeable in a key area, e.g. maths or English, KS1 or KS2
- passionate about raising and maintaining high standardsable to inspire, motivate and support staff to achieve outstanding outcomes through quality first teaching
- able to bring energy, vision and enthusiasm to the post
- ambitious and seek further development
In return we offer:
- the opportunity to be part of a standards team working on whole school improvement
- quality leadership training by external providers
- very friendly and supportive staffrights’ respecting pupils with excellent attitudes to learning who have outstanding behaviour
- opportunities to develop your career yet further
- opportunities for work across schools in a successful MAT
TEACH Poole is committed to Equal Opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please apply via the online application, We do not accept CV applications.
We would encourage you to come and visit our lovely schools. If you would like to arrange a tour of the schools, please contact Hayley Hemmings – HR / Admin Manager on 01202 676393.
These schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Rigorous checks will be undertaken of the successful applicant’s background credentials including an enhanced DBS check. Suitability to work with children will be explored at interview.