- Post Ref: ZF7353
- Department: C&YP Social Care
- Division: Out Of Hours Service
- Section: Out of Hours Service
- Salary details: £38,052 - £40,858 plus 20% supplement for unsociable hours
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Closing date: 21 October 2018
- Interview date: w/c 29 October 2018
The NEW Poole and Bournemouth Children and Young People’s Out of Hours Service is about to be launched and we want you to be part of it!
We have had a really good look at what CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE in Poole and Bournemouth need from social care when day services close and have redesigned our service to maximise its effectiveness and ensure that it is set up in a way that increases both capacity and quality.
The work is challenging and unique. If you like the buzz of duty and referral and not knowing what you may have to respond to next; then this is the job for you. No two shifts are ever the same… expect the unexpected!
This is an exciting time to be involved in shaping the future of the service and being involved in its launch. The team are based in Poole and provide social work interventions that range from advice and guidance through to child protection investigations and placing children in care.
The team will work across Poole and Bournemouth providing social work interventions to vulnerable children and their families who require urgent risk assessment when day services are closed to keep them safe until the next working day.
If you are interested in working evenings and weekends with some overnight “on-call duties” and enjoy working creatively in a solution focused way, then we would love to hear from you.
As a Senior Practitioner you will be responsible for:
- Managing the shifts and developing good practice in the team.
- Working with the triage service to support them and provide management oversight.
- Allocate social workers to tasks and ensure children, young people and their Carers receive a proportionate response to their needs.
- Manage the expectations of partner agencies.
- Support with management and staffing the rota.
- Be on call a few nights a week to make urgent decisions if required.
You will have:
- Motivation to lead the team in risk assessment and crisis intervention
- Substantial post qualification experience working in social work with children and families.
- Experience of supervising workers, mentoring or practice educating.
- A professional social work qualification: Social Work degree, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent and HCPC registration.
For an informal discussion about these roles please contact Matt Jenkins on 01202 657279.
Poole and Bournemouth are well known as wonderful places to live and work. We have beautiful protected beaches, the Jurassic coastline and the New Forest National Park on our doorstep but also enjoy easy access to major motorway links.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. Please refer to the Person Specification for more details.